Subject Re: SQL or Array Rowset ?
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:51:54 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 05.04.2021 18:40, Robbie Nott wrote:
> Hi Akshat
>
> Many thanks for the reply
>
> Attached sample tables
> When the quote is completed the program goes through the QuoteItems and
> builds an array of the unique part numbers and sums their quantities.
>
> Program then looks up the Accounts file with each PartNumber to get the
> NoOnHand ( DB's and CR's ) - this resides in a procedure CalcNoOnHand()
>
> Balance is calculated - NoOnHand - NoRequired
>
> Results are sent out to the PackageInvTotals table which displays on the
> form.
>
> PackageInvTotals table columns 1 to 3 will remain constant and I'd like
> to leave them alone.
> It's the last 2 columns in the output table - NoOnHand and Balance -
> that I'm needing help with...

Sorry Robbie Have not been able to devote time to this issue as busy
with some other non computer work.

But as Bruce has mentioned making calculations and displaying data at
the same time could be an issue.

On a side note why not store current inventory in a table.
My only app is a inventory and accounts control package.

I store the current inventory info in a different column. All pieces
sold are instantly deducted and purchased qty are updated.

So when I have to view current inventroy I just have to view the
required column data.

Regards
Akshat