Subject Re: Update syntax
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:56:05 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2021/02/13 15:18, Tom wrote:

> I may have the solution to the problem. However, the wife frowns on me
> jumping out of bed at 01:30 am to test code. I have included the table
> structure image for your benefit in the mean time. As soon as I am fully
> awake and can do some tests I will get back to you.

There are many cases in which a picture is worth a thousand words.  This
isn't one of them. :-)

If you had posted the actual code snippet and an empty copy of the table
itself I could put together a working example for you.  I have a choice
of painstakingly building a table by referring to your screenshot or
sitting in the recliner on a Saturday afternoon watching soccer on the
box.  Guess which one is going to win. :-)

Still, the picture has clarified things.  As I posted in a previous
message, the DemDataID field is character (as I surmised) so you need to
wrap the value to be inserted in quotes.

cmd += [ WHERE DemoDataID = '] +
form.oParent.qGRID.rowset.fields["DemoDataId"].value + [']