Subject Re: Navigator
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:38:31 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/1/2020 10:32 AM, Sam Ruppenthal wrote:
> When I open dbase 11 the top of the navigator window is behind the file tabs and quick access icons. How can I get the header back on the screen?

The coordinates are stored in the .ini file noted by doing the following:

? _app.iniFile

In the Command Window output pane, you will see the path. Drag the mouse
through that string, and right click, copying to the clipboard.

Close dBASE (you can't make this change with dBASE open).

Open Notepad or some other text editor on your computer, do a "File"
"Open" and in the dialog paste the string you copied from the Command
Window.

This will open the .ini file that is being used by dBASE right now, and
you can then look for:

[Navigator]

And under that:

Position=3 0 1271 319

The numbers will be whatever is being used for yours. If you just delete
the line, or change the ... first two digits to 0 0 (zero space zero),
or if there is a negative value, set it to 0, and you should be fine.
Save and exit, then open dBASE again. (The first two numbers are most
likely top and left, or left and top, but I am not sure which is which.)

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm