Subject Re: Whatsapp API
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:05:12 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 23.11.2020 23:54, Ronnie MacGregor wrote:
> In article <FGe1x1ZwWHA.1872@ip-AC1E04A7>, akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in
> says...
>
>> If I have to pay even for testing and then monthly billing with
>> undisclosed rate list,
>>
>> I am out of this.
>
> A long time ago, Colyn Serfontein in south Africa was sending SMS
> messages using dBASE. I'm not sure that he ever released any code, but
> that would be a most useful facility.
>
> Probably more so than Whatsapp . . . . .

Good Morning Ronnie,
I planned to send images also. That is not possible with sms.

But yes that code could have helped a lot.

In the meanwhile Installed 2019 yesterday for trial.
Started with arrayrowset experiments.
If I am able to ignore BDE even for temp tables.
Then it will be a huge advantage.

All my configuration data (including backend server name user logins
etc.) is in a dbf file which is loaded at start.

User has to select from the company he wants. Till this is selected I
cannot use Backend. Pan to shit all the data to a txt file and load it
to an arrayrowset.

Will require some time but can be done.

With temp table at few other places I was damn lazy in shifting them to
MariaDB. Hope to be able to bypass them using arrayrowset.

Regards
Akshat