Subject Re: this.parent
From Gaetano <gaetanodd@hotmail.com>
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2020 14:57:34 +1000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

The rowset is not "aware" of the "form", so you need to navigate up from
the rowset to the query  (this.parent), then from the query to the
datamodule if there is one (this.parent.parent) and from there to the
form (this.parent.parent.parent.visitcr.time1ef.value):

if not empty(this.parent.parent.visitcr.time1ef.value) or
if not empty(this.parent.parent.prent visitcr.time1ef.value) if there is
a datamodule involved

If you want to know what "this" or what the "parent" level is, insert a
msgbox:

msgbox("'this' is a"+this.baseclassname)
msgbox("'this.parent' is a"+this.parent.baseclassname)

Cheers,
Gaetano.