Subject Re: Connection string in ADODatabase
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2020 10:56:28 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) connection string parameters final.pdf

On 23.10.2020 01:12, Gaetano wrote:
> On 22/10/2020 20:29, Akshat Kapoor wrote:
>> You need to set the options value to include option of autoreconnect.

> Is this a parameter in the connectionstring? I could not find anything
> about it on the web. Could you provide a sample connectionstring to
> illustrate the usage?
>
> It was indeed across the web that my connection was timing out.

Good Morning Gaetano,
All the info that I have on this was attached in the last post. It has
link to the page where I gathered all this info. I have reattached the
post. It has all the details that I have. You can review the thread also
if required.

I have never used ADO over Web and hence cannot say anything about that
as server settings would also come into play.

There must be some setting called idle time out. No server would
maintain a connection that has been sitting idle for more than that amount.

Regards
Akshat