Subject Re: ADORowset
From Gaetano <gaetanodd@hotmail.com>
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2020 11:09:57 +1000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 14/10/2020 04:16, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I understand in ADOrowset indexname and findkey is not possible. But I find it the help menu that these property and method are mentioned in the ADOrowset object.
>
> I wonder why it is mentioned.
>
> Regards
> Mustansir

The ADO help is not that great indeed, some methods exist but have no
Help entry, and smetimes the Help entry is not explicit enough about
some details...

One possible explanation for your indexname query is that some database
systems don't support setting the index, e.g. MySQL has indexes but it
automatically determines which index to use so you cannot set an index
expressly.

Which database type are you connecting to?

Cheers,
Gaetano.