Subject Re: EXE will not run Windows 10
From Greg Lockwood <greg.lockwood@ksgroup.com.au>
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2020 00:44:41 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Akshat Kapoor Wrote:

> > Thanks Ken. Seems strange that it has just started happening as the app works on 3 pc's and not 2 others. Weird. I will take a look at DEP and perhaps add plusrun.exe and my app to see if that fixes the issue. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks heaps.
> >

> Good Evening Greg,
> I have gone through the thread.
>
> I would recommend building a exe with just the following lines in prg
>
> msgbox("dBase is running")
> quit
>
> No forms nothing else just the above 2 lines.
> If it runs and you see the msgbox then we know that runtime is working.
>
> Second stage will be to add lines for creation of table/ append a row
> with msgbox() at regular intervals.
>
> This will tell us if BDE is functioning or not.
>
> If these function then we start with your app otherwise we concentrate
> on DEP.
>
> Regards
> Akshat

Hi Akshat
I have compiled new mini EXE files as you suggested in 2019.1 and installed runtime on problem PC. I have tried DEP settings and included plusrun.exe on the whitelist. The programs do not run. No messages or warnings. I have checked the settings on both PC's using cmd prompt 'wmic os get dataexecutionprevention_available/supportpolicy/drivers' with answers TRUE, 2, TRUE respectively. Both PC's have the same result. I have run EXE's on my machine and all good. Both PC's Windows 10 build 1703. It seems I have wasted the purchase of 2019.1 and no further advanced. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. I am very concerned now. Thanks.