Subject Re: separator for CSV file to be imported into dBase
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2020 22:32:02 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2020/09/24 21:44, Gaetano wrote:
> On 24/09/2020 18:58, Mervyn Bick wrote:
>> Gaetano's code in the inner do while loop replaces every ; with ","
>> which means that there is neither a double quote at the beginning nor
>> at the end of the string.
>

> actually, there is : >
> chr_str='"'+chr_str+'"'

I know there is but there is nothing wrong with the sentence shown.
When the inner do while loop ends chr_str does NOT have double quotes at
the begining and end.

If you read my message you will see that the next line points out to
Akshat that you do, in fact, add the beginning and end double quotes
BEFORE you write the record to the file.

>> The  line  chr_str='"'+chr_str+'"' immediately before the line
>> fout.writeln(chr_str) takes care of that.

Mervyn.