Subject Re: separator for CSV file to be imported into dBase
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2020 16:34:49 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2020/09/23 15:54, Jean R. from Paris wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some large CSV files to get imported into dBase.
> the fields separators being ";" dBase does not like that
> Since I cannot change the fields separators. How could i go around the limitation and find a way to import the CSV file into dBase

Importdata.wfm in the dUFLP can handle files where a separator other
than a comma has been used.  This basically requires a fair bit of input
from the user so it is OK for an occasional file but it becomes a
nuisance if you have many files to deal with.

The alternative is, as Akshat has said, to write code to do this your self.

If you give more details we may be able to help.

What version of dBASE are you using?

Are character fields in the .csv file delimited with single or double
quotes.  (The only need to be delimited if commas are included in the
text but many programs add delimiters even if they are not needed.)

If there are dates in the .csv file which will be imported into date
fields in the dBASE table what format are they in?

Mervyn.