Subject Re: Move to the searched record on the brows or grid on the form
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:14:26 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2020-09-13 16:33, AGOSTINHO wrote:
> Dear group,
> On my form I search a record on the table but how do I move to the record
> on the brows or grid object on the form using this method
> SEE MY FORM BELLOW

Please don't use all uppercase characters for message headings.  It is
considered to be "shouting" and nobody likes to be shouted at.  :-(

FIND is not a dBASE command.  With an indexed table the XDML command is
SEEK.

Try the following.  It has not been tested but it should work.  As you
type in characters it should move the row pointer to the first record
where the code matches the characters entered.

    function ENTRYFIELD1_onKey1(nChar, nPosition,bShift,bControl)
       ccode=form.entryfield1.value
      // Find &ccode
       seek &ccode
       return

Most of the old XDML commands have been retained in dBASE alongside the
new OODML commands.  This is to ensure some measure of backward
compatibility with older programs.  It is, however, really not a good
idea to use XDML for new code.  The new OODML is far more powerful and
flexible.

Using OODML means a lot of learning but it's not difficult and the
effort is worth it.  As a starting point you should work through the
dBASE tutorial at

http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm

Mervyn.