Subject Re: printer paper source
From <rich@autotraker.com> <<rich@autotraker.com>>
Date Sat, 8 Aug 2020 16:19:19 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

You have to query the spooler driver to get the sources or bins. You can get
info on any connected printer, even networked printers.
You need to use DeviceCapabilities API from winspool.drv
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/wingdi/nf-wingdi-devicecapabilitiesa
I wrote a CC some years ago to return that data. Not sure exactly where it
is but I'll look Monday.
I might have even posted it on the newsgroup so try a search for
DeviceCapabilities
It was part of my "roll your own" choosePrinter( ) so I could select and
store printer information.

You can also get the information from WMI and Win32_Printer using
OleAutoClient("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
I might have code to at least get someone started writing a solution using
that.
Like I said, I'll look around Monday and see if I can find anything.
Rich....

"Ken Mayer"  wrote in message news:sE5X2CbbWHA.1760@ip-AC1E04A7...

On 8/8/2020 10:24 AM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Ken sir
>
> I went through the program but all in Greek and went above my head. I am
> yet to get exposure on external window functions
>
> At moment Akshat program is at my rescue. But it gives default setting. So
> I have to request remote user to change settings and send me printout.
>
> If for paper source something can be available, it can be useful.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not good at this kind of thing either. Maybe
Mervyn or someone who's good at API and Externs can come up with
something. My printer only has two settings for paperSource, but you
couldn't tell what "7" means from anything ...

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm