Subject Re: Menus Again
From Lee Grant <camilee@comcast.net>
Date Tue, 4 Aug 2020 02:28:24 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Tony.

I'm not sure if this is related, but is that a laptop or desktop you're
using and if desktop, how old is the graphics card?

I know this sounds weird but, the only time I've gotten black screens is
when there was a problem with the graphics card. My HP I had before this
Toshiba was a PITA because of the problem that graphic card was giving
me in the laptop. The heat I imagine, even with a cooling fan. I did
some kind of reset/repair on it once myself, had it replaced once at
cost and finally the last time, just pitched it aside until I choose to
play with it again, almost 3 years ago now. :)  Also, a memory
corruption can cause similar behavior, so for right now, I'd have a look
at doing hardware diagnostics before looking at dBASE, especially since
as you claim you've been running it for 4 weeks. If it's been constant
on, that could explain it. If not constant...then a fluke...keep an eye
on it.

Lee

On 8/4/2020 1:17 AM, Tony Hughes wrote:

> Hi Akshat,
>
> I mean the dBase wfm Files are all in a folder called "Mbcdisplay" together with the other Mbcfiles?? . When I open the Mbcdisplay folder & double left click Mbcdisplay.wfm it executes OK. Right beside it is Mbcmenu.wfm and when I double left click on it in the same folder it also executes OK. However Mbcmenu.wfm pushbutton. with Do Mbcdisplay.wfm  can't find Mbcdisplay.wfm to make it execute. ??.
> Error "file does not exist ?"
>
> However sit down and rest ?? - Late yesterday ( Monday Australia) i went to show my daughter a couple of things I had coded and dBase went OFF the air, black screen, unresponsive etc. End Task would not execute, Escape had no response, so I turned the computer completely off for 30 minutes. When I switched it on again, the Mbcmenu.wfm executed as exactly as it should ?? - I know it would not excite dBase LLc, but think it is a "dBase Language Bug" , and now AllproMenu.wfm will not execute, and I have had it running for at least 4 weeks - No I have not played with the coding, so it all seems weird to this 83 year old ??
>
> How do you report this to dBase Llc for a possible patch ??
>
> Tony Hughes

<snip>