Subject Re: Menus Again
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 4 Aug 2020 11:47:27 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 04.08.2020 10:47, Tony Hughes wrote:

> Hi Akshat,
>
> I mean the dBase wfm Files are all in a folder called "Mbcdisplay" together with the other Mbcfiles?? . When I open the Mbcdisplay folder & double left click Mbcdisplay.wfm it executes OK. Right beside it is Mbcmenu.wfm and when I double left click on it in the same folder it also executes OK. However Mbcmenu.wfm pushbutton. with Do Mbcdisplay.wfm  can't find Mbcdisplay.wfm to make it execute. ??.
> Error "file does not exist ?"
>
> However sit down and rest ?? - Late yesterday ( Monday Australia) i went to show my daughter a couple of things I had coded and dBase went OFF the air, black screen, unresponsive etc. End Task would not execute, Escape had no response, so I turned the computer completely off for 30 minutes. When I switched it on again, the Mbcmenu.wfm executed as exactly as it should ?? - I know it would not excite dBase LLc, but think it is a "dBase Language Bug" , and now AllproMenu.wfm will not execute, and I have had it running for at least 4 weeks - No I have not played with the coding, so it all seems weird to this 83 year old ??
>
> How do you report this to dBase Llc for a possible patch ??

Good Morning Tony,
At times dBase does become unresponsive but for me it is never a black
screen.
When this occur use ctrl+alt+del to kill it or cold reboot as the last
resort. But this situation is rare.
Most often a restart of dBase is sufficient.
If the app is executing after restart then there is nothing wrong with
the app.
Most probably there is a directory change in some other portion of the
code which you have forgotten.
If this occurs again try to recollect which form you had executed just
prior to this or at times before that.
If you want then you can add ?set('directory') to view the current
directory just before the DO ????.wfm line

It will display the current directory and may give you some hint.

Regards
Akshat