Subject Re: Exportdata sinks
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sun, 2 Aug 2020 11:48:35 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2020-08-02 11:13, Bamidele Onwu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Exportdata sinks when dragging fields to the grid. I am using windows 8, 64bit and Dbase9. It works well on my windows 7.
>
> What can I do to rectify this.
>
> Bami

Windows 8 was known to have major problems and it was replaced after a
very sort time.  Microsoft stopped adding features 2 years ago although
security patches will be supplied until January 2023.

Very few other dBASE users will still be using Windows 8 so you may not
get any help on this.

The offer of a free upgrade to Windows 10 expired some time ago but
apparently it is still possible.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/02/04/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-free-in-2020/#61bd4de875ff

Exportdata.wfm is useful for "once off" exports where you need to select
different fields each time.  If you regularly export the same data it is
better to write your own export program.   If you need help with this
give details of the tables and fields involved and the format you export to.

Mervyn.