Subject Re: COMBOBOX function = "!"
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2020 22:08:38 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 7/31/2020 1:57 PM, Heinz Kesting wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>

>>     this.COMBOBOX1 = new COMBOBOX(this)
>>     with (this.COMBOBOX1)
>>        function = "!"  //   ----> it doesn't work
>

> According to the OLH, in version 2.8 neither FUNCTION nor PICTURE are properties of the combobox class.
>
> My guess is this hasn't changed in later versions, so I can only think of a manual workaround - you would want to convert the strings to the desired format using your own code, perhaps something like proper(), before assigning them to the datasource of your combobox.

One way to be sure, is if you add the function statement (or picture)
use the assignment operator:

:=

so:

function := "!"

If this is not a valid property you should get an error when running the
form, otherwise you're creating a custom property which dBASE doesn't
know what to do with.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm