Subject Re: table empty
From Tony <tamarak3738@gmail.com>
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2020 01:08:39 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mervyn Bick Wrote:

> On 2020-06-30 08:02, Akshat Kapoor wrote:
>
> > If you are using use to open the table then the command is zap but it
> > requires exclusive use of table.
>
> You can ZAP a table any time it is open in a workarea.  Exclusive use is
> not required. This marks all records in the table as deleted.  RECALL
> will reinstate records, selectively if necessary, marked as deleted also
> without the need for exclusive use.
>
> PACK will physically remove deleted records from a table permanently.
> For this dBASE requires exclusive use of the table.
>

> Mervyn.

Thank you all who helped with this answer.

I have not done any coding since the "infamous dBase 4 days" so I have a lot to learn, however Ken's books are wonderful, but I still need guidance ?
I am not using USE to open the table, just the standard "sql"  with Query at the  opening at the start of the form. I was not sure if ZAP and PACK were still in use in the latest versions of dBase, as they do not seem to be mentioned in Ken's books.
He mentions EmptyTable, but as I said in my earlier appeal for help I can't seem to get it to work.

Also I had a form with pushbuttons on it, and in the EVENT,  I coded Do Batch.wfm or what ever other form I had. This worked well for about 10 days but now comes up with Batch.form.wfm does not exist. Have I changed a setting in dBase to cause, or is there a better way to connect to coded form ?

Tony Hughes