Subject Re: table empty
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:32:59 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 30.06.2020 10:53, Tony wrote:
> I have a table called Batch.dbf - When I put data into this table and then print the data for the "Batcher", I need to empty the table for the next data entry  as the information is different - How do I empty the table after printing has finished ?
> I am printing from code ?? etc not with the dBase reporter. I have tried from Ken's book but just can't seem to get it. Thanks

Good Morning Tony,
I would like to know how you are opening the table and accordingly we
can advise you how to empty the table.

If you are using use to open the table then the command is zap but it
requires exclusive use of table.

If it is open in a query then the ways are different.

Is there a form containing the query with reference to the batch table
open at the time you want to empty the table.

Apart from the books I would recommend you go through Ken's tutorial. It
will help you in understanding the current tools.

Using ?? to print a report will not take you far in the current
microsoft windows scenario.

There was a time when I used to print whole reports including change of
Printer fonts using the ?? commands but not now.

Regards
Akshat