Subject Re: IMPORTING FILES
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor.1959@outlook.com>
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2020 06:20:53 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Cornelius,

You are correct in that current versions of Excel will open dbf files (some, not all) but no longer offer to save content as a dbf table.

As Ken has pointed out in another post, in the dUFLP you will find exportData.wfm.
This does the job very nicely and you can learn a lot from the underlying code. However, there is quite a bit of interaction with the user.
If you want something that will just grab data from a simple excel file, let me know and I'll knock up a demo using OLE to get you started.

Regards,
Andy