||Problem with Project .EXE file
Ketan G <email@example.com>
||Sat, 20 Jun 2020 06:43:47 -0400
Thanks for all the ideas for the earlier Wait Window Nowait post.
This is a query about the .EXE file created by "building" a project file.
The project is based on just a single xbase program but additional
items are as follows (with options specified while building)
1) abc.prg - specified as main program
2) lib.prg - library, to be included in executable
3) xinput/xlookup/xoutput.dbf - all local dbase tables
these are not included in the project file but they are located in a
specific directory which is hard coded in abc.prg
(not the best approach but the program is just
a small utility which will reside on 3/4 computers).
4) plusr_en.dll - not embedded in .exe file but copied
to the same directory where abc.exe is located
(when this was embedded, got a message saying the
"dll could not be found" hence switched to this option)
5) No UAC
6) Standard INI file
7) BDE off (tried setting this on with no difference in result)
8) All other options as default.
the project compiles with no errors, abc.exe gets built.
the first step of the program asks the user to select a
directory with getdirectory(), the .exe file runs upto
and including this part and then just nothing.
However, the program runs with no problem as a
.prg file within dbase (at the command window with "do abc")
Any ideas/suggestions on why this is happening?
am using dbase 11.