Subject Re: Usng Thuderbird
From edward racht <e.racht@gmail.com>
Date Mon, 1 Jun 2020 07:23:03 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I use thunderbird for reading newsgroups.

It is a very robust software loaded with many choices that require time
to figure out should it be something you want to use.

I have been where you are.

Mervyn's thread a year ago or so tickled me into trying it out as I was
tired of the dBASE newsgroup reader.  Some couldn't believe I was such a
dinosaur

checkout the following websites
-------------------
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-change-thunderbird-layout
--------------
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/display-thunderbird-menus-and-toolbar
----------------
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/message-threading-thunderbird
-------------------
open thunderbird at the top is a menu.
go to - view - and select - threads - you can choose how messages are
highlighted.  I choose - unread - and - display attachments inline
-------------
when you subscribe to folders - they are listed down the left side.
right click the folder see if there are any selections.  sometimes I
choose mark newsgroup as read.
here's the kicker!

answering a newsgroup message was a challenge at first.
there is a menu along the top right.
Select - followup - choose this to bring up the message form for you to
fill out.  the newsgroup will be the one you are in and the subject will
be the individual you are replying too.

do not select - reply - as you will end up where you are now.

I took a while to figure this out.

ed