Subject Re: Usng Thuderbird
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Mon, 1 Jun 2020 09:12:48 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) tbird_classic.jpg

On 31/05/2020 23:58, Joe LeBlanc wrote:

>> I either need to find detail instructions on setting up Thunderbird
>> that even an imbasile can follow or find another program to use.
>>

> Testing sending message

You've mastered sending. :-)

Click on the three horizontal bars in the top right corner of
Thunderbird to open the menu and select Options then Layout.

The Wide layout shows more of each message but I prefer the Classic
layout as I can see all the newsgroups I'm subscribed to at the same
time.  There is, therefore, no need to scroll looking to see if any new
messages have arrived.

The size of the different panes can be adjusted to suit.  I find that
the only time I need to open a message in it's own tab is if it contains
code snippets which are too long to display in the allocated space.

Mervyn.