Subject Re: Usng Thuderbird
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:03:49 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) thunderbird.jpg

On 01.06.2020 02:44, Joe LeBlanc wrote:
> A while back, I asked about what newsgroup reader was being used to access the dBASE newsgroup.
> There was an almost unanimous recommendatio for Thunderbird.
> I mentioned at that time that in 2017,  I had tried to use it and I found it unusable.
>
> I've tried again and I still can't upload my messages to the this newsgroup.
> Reading messages with thunderbird is the most cumbersome thing I've tried to do.
>
> You choose a message, Double Click on it and the message opens in a 2nd tab covering the message list.
> The only way to read the next message is to close the 2nd tab with the X and double click on the next message.
> I've found no place anywhere to go to another message withoug double click, read a message, close the 2nd tab, double click a message.
> I have searched the Mozilla website, the help file and googled the web and I can't find instructions on how to set up and use the software.
>
> This is the problem I had in 2017 when I tried to use Thunderbird.
> If I want to either answer or enter a new message, I have to write the message in notepad on my computer,
> access the newsgroup through the dbase.com, and manually copy and paste my message in the newsgroup.
>
> SO I'VE BEEN DOING IT THIS WAS FOR 5 YEARS.
>
> I either need to find detail instructions on setting up Thunderbird that even an imbasile can follow or find another program to use.

Good Morning Joe,
Please find attached a screenshot of your message.
I have not changed the default settings and there is a preview pane. I
read most of the messages there.
I can see the whole chain of messages also.
3 Messages of current tree are visible.

I hope this helps you.

I have also attached the settings recommendation that I received long ago.

To start a new thread Use the write (pen icon 2nd left at the top)

To reply I use the followup button at the top of preview pane.

Regards
Akshat