Subject Re: lookupsql and Combobox ; where is the missing link
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 30 May 2020 11:45:26 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 30.05.2020 01:56, Dirk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i changes some *dbf files, using lookupsql
>
>   as far is all ok, append ad edit all good
>
> but im struggling on filter in a form by country
>

> by datalink i haven the dat in the combobox
>
> when i do the following
> a=this.parent.rowset.fields["country"].lookupRowset.fields[1].value
>
> i get the value a = B of Belgium
>
> changing the field to  2  i get Belgium
>

> now when i try   form.rowset.filter=[country=']+"A"+[']
>
> i get filtered by Austria
>
> when i try to use the varaible a i get a warning
>
> of course when i change teh value of the country, whatever  belgium or
> germany ... i get of course the the value of variable A
>
> my question is when i make a choice of a country in the combobox,
> how it's filtering by chosen country

Good Mornign Dirk,
I would request for a table structure and sql's you are using. It would
give us a better understanding.

this.parent.rowset.fields["country"].lookupRowset.fields[1].value gives
us no idea what is the data type and expected values.

With SQL and lookupsql definations we may even be able to suggest changes.

Regards
Akshat