Subject Re: Database Name Recognizing
From David Ball <No.SPAM@All.com>
Date Thu, 28 May 2020 18:34:02 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Bob McKinney, nice to meet you

Wow! Still using dBASE at 96 - that's amazing!

Have you set up your databases in the BDE (Borland Database Engine) ?

There are ways to do it in dBASE code, but the traditional way is to open
the BDE Administrator program and add the database. Detailed instructions
below.

That would be where you may recall assigning the database to the files in
the 'bin'.

Open the BDE Administrator, and hopefully it will all start flooding back
into your memory. If not, let us know!
Select the Databases tab
Check to see that BOBSBIZ is not there already
On the menu, choose Object / New ...
New Database Alias window: Database Driver name: STANDARD Click OK (assuming
that you use dBASE tables)
BDE opens a new object temporarily called STANDARD1, which is highlighted.
Type in  BOBSBIZ and press Enter to save the database name
In the Definition window, change DEFAULT DRIVER to dBASE
The fun part - telling the BDE where the database is. Click on the PATH line
and click the button with the 3 dots
Use the Select Directory window to ... select the directory. Double-click to
change it
Click OK when the correct directory is shown in the Directory Name box
On the menu, select Object / Exit. You will be prompted to save changes at
that point.
Reopen dBASE to refresh the BDE view
Try your form again to see if the variable is recognized now
Good luck

Thanks
David Ball
www.dBASEHost.com

Correction":  Using dB2.8 with W/10 .  NOT 8.2