Subject Re: AutoFill_entryfield error
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 20 May 2020 13:47:00 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 5/20/2020 1:28 PM, Tom wrote:
> On 5/20/20 1:58 PM, Ken Mayer wrote:
>> On 5/17/2020 11:28 AM, Tom wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand you cannot run the code since you do not have the same
>>> tables but, by inspection, do you see what is causing the error?
>>
>> Tom -- found the problem (sorry it took so long, I was in the middle
>> of a lot of different things).
>>
>> Code in the autoFill_entryfield2 object's startup code was overwriting
>> the databaseName property, which in cases where the data is all in one
>> database is fine, but when in different databases, obviously, is a
>> problem.
>>
>> Anyway, it was a relatively simple fix once I found it ... the
>> attached should solve it.
>>
>> Ken
>>
> Hi Ken,
>
> Seems to work just fine now. Sorry for being so much trouble. Hope the
> rest of your code repairing day goes as well.

S'okay. I didn't understand the problem at first, and was making an
assumption all was well and maybe there was something you had done
wrong, which is a poor assumption on my part. I wrote the code, but
didn't test this particular scenario, probably because I wasn't thinking
that far ahead to the idea that the data might be in two different
databases, or perhaps I just assumed it would work. D'oh. Anyway, that
small fix (I think I added three lines of code, and altered a couple or
three ...) seems to do it, and we're all good.

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm