Subject Re: AutoFill_entryfield error
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 17 May 2020 21:59:45 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 5/17/2020 2:09 PM, Tom wrote:
> On 5/17/20 4:55 PM, Ken Mayer wrote:

>>> Without more information, like full working code and tables and
>>> everything else, I have no idea.
>>
>> Only thing I can figure based on the error is to check and make sure
>> the database is defined properly, and that the table is where you say
>> it is. Because, honestly, I have no clue. I haven't done extensive
>> testing on using two different databases for this, for example, which
>> you appear to be doing.
>>
>> Ken
>>
> *
> Hi Ken,
> I was under the impression that using a different table as the source
> was permitted. Correct me if I am wrong. Included is a new working
> sample for testing whenever you have time.

There's no reason it shouldn't work, but I didn't test every single
permutation, because I was busy. I have a lot of things on my plate some
days. I did test both versions of the autofill_entryfield, but I didn't
store data in multiple databases because it takes time to do all that.

I am in the middle of some fu on a web app, so don't know when I will
get time to look at this, but honestly, the testing that I did showed it
working, so I don't know what to tell you.

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm