Subject Re: Importing Excel files
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Tue, 7 Apr 2020 17:55:31 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 07/04/2020 17:41, Akshat Kapoor wrote:

> Good Evening Geoffrey,
> Once you have created equivalent tables in dBase you can use the
> following command to import from csv files
>
> use tableA
> append from attendance.csv delimited with ","

That should be

append from attendance.csv delimited

The WITH is only require if single quotes (or any other character) have
been used as the delimiter in place of the default double quotes.

The comma is not a delimiter, it is a separator.

> I have used this command without any hinderance.

This is quite correct but using the APPEND FROM .... DELIMITED has
definite limitations.   It does not import into memo fields and it
requires days to be in the form ...,yyyymmdd,.... no matter what the
date format is set to on the computer.

Mervyn.