Subject Importing Excel files
From Geoffrey <info@gingerbread.se>
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2020 10:30:07 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi All,
I'm new/old to dBase. Used dBase II back in the 80s and developed a whole suite of admin software for small businesses. But that was then and this is now.
Am trialing dBase 2019 with a view to building some software to replace an overburdened Excel system I have.
But problem #1 I've encountered is how to import Excel files into dBase equivalents.
I can create equivalent Tables, but have so far not managed to discover how to import data either directly from Excel files or by way of .CSV files.
Can anyone out there give me some advice, please?
And another thing ... there was a free utility available way back then called DBU.exe - is that still around? Or does anyone have something similar they'd be prepared to share (or receive a small payment for)?