Subject Re: dbsewin.ini
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sat, 4 Apr 2020 14:13:18 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 03/04/2020 06:41, stef Ringgenberg wrote:
> I finally gave up running virtualxp modes. Too hard in Windows 10. So now I must finally migrate from Visualdb 5.7 to dBase 2019.  I may be too old and tired to pull this off.
>
> My first problem is how do I replace the old dbasewin.ini from 5.7 in dBase 2019?

Don't worry about the old dbasewin.ini file.  dBASE 2019 will create a
new plus.ini file.  If you select 'Desktop Properties' from the
Properties menu you can work through the tabs setting your preferences.
Make sure the 'Country' tab is visible to start with by clicking on the
left arrow button if necessary.

If you ever need to look inside plus.ini enter the following in the
Command panel

a = _app.inifile
modi comm &a

Unfortunately there are very few items that can be changed while
plus.ini is open in the sourcecode editor as dBASE writes out most of
the values, which were read on opening, when it closes.  This will
overwrite your changes.  If you do need to edit plus.ini enter
?_app.inifile in the Command Panel.  Mark and copy the output in the
Results panel and close dBASE.  Open notepad (or any text editor),
Select Open and paste into the 'File name' space.

  Mervyn.