Subject Re: dbsewin.ini
From Bruce Beacham <bbeacham@no_plm_lowman.co.uk>
Date Fri, 3 Apr 2020 23:29:35 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 03/04/2020 19:22, stef Ringgenberg wrote:
> I used to be a competent dBase programmer. I ran my whole business on programs I wrote. Window 5.7 was object oriented.  What I don't understand now is the Project.

I've never used the Project approach, so that's a tool I've not felt the
need to learn.

I have standard places for storing programs, utilities and active data.
  I have programs which compile application programs and zip them, and I
use Inno as the installer.    Alongside that are programs that generate
update zips of revised or new programs and which upload them for user
download (within my system of course).

But that is the evolution that comes from decades of amateur
programming, so you ought to at least consider the Project as a way of
getting much of that housekeeping done for you.

Bruce Beacham