Subject Re: DDE help
From Robbie Nott <robnott@mweb.co.za>
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:09:03 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Akshat and Rich

I was hoping to have the 2 programs running at the same time.
Here's the sequence I'm aiming for

Capture basic quote details in Commence.
-
Pass the details of the quote ( +-15 fields ) to the running instance of
dBase.
-
Do the quote calculations, create a PDF and email it in dBase.
-
Pass ( +- 5 fields ) back to Commence, so that it can keep track of the
quote summary, the dBase quote number, the location of the PDF dBase
will create and the resulting email date and time.

Commence has an amazing API so dBase to Commence isn't too much of an issue.

The file watcher system looks the most promising alternative so far.
I can't help thinking that if dBase had an ODBC driver for level 7
tables or an API this would all be a lot easier...

Many thanks for your assistance and helpful suggestions

Kind regards
Robbie