Subject Re: DDE help
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:26:55 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

> Client has an application written in Commence which has an API and lots
> of fancy stuff which dBase should have.
> I'm writing a dBase program for client and we want the 2 programs to
> communicate.
>
> Have been stuck with this problem for a few months and have been told
> that dBase wasn't created to this kind of thing - why then is it in the
> OLH ?
>
> Why also does dBase have no API ?

Good morning Robie,
Something more for you to think about.

You have an exe say robie.exe

What is stopping you from calling

robie.exe parameter1 prarameter2

from the command line.

I just checked you can call a dbase exe from command prompt and it will
execute.

And even commence would be having the option of executing some command
line commands.

So instead of API you could be executing dbase exe from command line
with suitable parameters.

Regards
Akshat