Subject Re: Dbase 3 plus database - how to migrate to Windows 10?
From Robbie Nott <robnott@mweb.co.za>
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2020 01:19:38 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 25/02/2020 14:36, Anat wrote:
> I am unfamiliar with DBase and I've inherited a simple database (2 tables, approx 40,000 records total) which is currently maintained over dBase 3 plus.
> I want to migrate this database into a more current platform so that it lives in Windows 10 and 64bit environment before my only windows 7 PC dies.
> Looking for sage advise - what would you choose to migrate it to?
> would you go for the newest version of dBase (if i understand correctly the latest version does not offer a "copy paste" migration from the ancient Dbase 3 plus)? would you pull the db into excel and migrate to Microsoft Access? something else?
> Thanks in advance!
> Anat.

Hi Anat

Your old program can be redone in up to date dBase.

I have lots of experience in rewriting old dBase, FoxPro and Clipper
programs into the current dBase version and would be happy to have a
look and quote you for the job.

If you have access to the source code it can be translated to new dBase.
No source code - a bit more work - a new program can be recreated by
copying what the old one does.

Regards
Robbie