Subject changing field from 10 to 15 c problem
From Charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2020 11:51:59 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi.. This is a shot in the dark.  I  have a field that I have changed from 10 characters to 15 characters.  I found some variable problems that I had to change because the maxlength of the entrybox wasn't changing to 15.  But now that works OK.  Basically I am doing a seek on a variable which can be anywhere from 6 characters to 13 characters in a fifteen character field.  I am looking for a val of the character and this has always worked great when it was 10 characters.  Now that it is 15 characters I get an error message (that is my own error message if it fails to find the number in another table.)  I have trapped the number after I click on go.  The number I am looking for right now is 3720940219846.  The message box come up correct with that number.  But then I get my error that it can't find 3729367E+5.   I don't understand what the E signifies.  If you add the 7 numbers before the E and add the 5 it does come up to the correct 12 characters.

Does this make any sense to anyone why the E is included?  Does it signify an error??

Thanks for any help.