Subject Re: Encrypted dbase Tables
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:32:13 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 1/18/2020 11:05 AM, Mustansir A Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Hope all are fine.
>
> After running a stable application the client needs to encrypt datas. I used protect for it. But encrypted table differed from original. I wish to know if this difference pertains to blank fields becoming null or there are  more things that I need to take care

Table sizes will of course be different, you've added information into
the header area of the .DBF that deal with the encryption. You shouldn't
worry about it as long as it all works. Honestly, though, there are
serious issues with encryption using the BDE's encryption for tables. If
the passwords get lost, there's no recovering the data, for example.
Suggest you consider a routine to backup the data that decrypts it,
backs it up somewhere "safe" ... just as a safety measure.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm