Subject Re: xbase commands
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 09:15:48 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/12/2019 23:55, Bill S wrote:
> One more question.
> Will I have to recompile all my programs (assuming obviously I don't add any new code)?

Yes.  From dBASE 9 onwards dBASE used a different Microsoft base class
and compiler.  These versions will not run under windows XP.

You will need to delete all *.??o files EXCEPT *.ico which are icons and
not compiled dBASE files.

Both dBASE Plus 2.8 and dBASE 2019 can be installed on the same computer
and, provided there is enough memory, can both run at the same time.
They can, however, not both use the same sourcecode concurrently.

To test your existing code under dBASE 2019 it would be best to copy
your sourcecode to new folders.

If you use any code from the dUFLP you will also need to create a second
folder for use with dBASE 2019.  If you run the dUFLP setup.prg from
dBASE 2019 in the new folder it will create the necessary sourcecode
alias and your own programs should then run without problems.

Mervyn.