Subject db 2019 auto complete quirk
From Russ Fisher <rfisher@ccnintl.com>
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 13:30:48 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I have installed dBase 2019 on two machines - a Win 7 Pro and a Win 10 Pro.  The only real similarity between the machines (one is work and one is home) is that both have dual displays and are running DisplayFusion.

Upon installation, keeping all the defaults (including dark motif) the dBase editor's auto complete function does not work correctly.  The list box pops up, with the blue selection bar, but the text is not visible at all.  It is there, because if I tab, I get the selection - I just can't see which one I'm choosing.

Thinking it could be the DisplayFusion, I unloaded it on the Win 7 machine, loaded dBase and voila, the auto complete worked.  Even after reloading DF and rebooting, it still worked.  I thought I had the problem solved.

After getting home, I tried the same on my Win 10 machine with no joy.  Nothing I tried (change motif, change theme, etc.) will cause auto complete to work properly.

Any ideas?

Russ