Subject Re: xbase commands
From <rich@autotraker.com> <<rich@autotraker.com>>
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 12:52:00 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I don't recall any xbase commands that have been depreciated.
While TOTAL and CALC are still in dBASE and usable I can't vouch for how
well they work compared to the older versions of the same xbase commands.
I assume they will work just as they did in earlier versions.
I'm still compiling my programs in both 2.80 and dBASE2019 and I really
haven't notice any major incompatibilities that couldn't be easily worked
around.
Best thing is to download a trial of the new dBASE2019 and test out your
program.
Rich...

"Bill S"  wrote in message news:3rH#n6QsVHA.1880@ip-AC1E04A7...

I'm a long-time user of dBASE Plus 2.8; am completely dependent on
traditional xbase commands such as TOTAL and CALC and have no desire to
update my code to OODML.

My very basic question: Do later (and current) versions such as Plus 8...12
and dBASE 2019 handle these traditional xbase commands? Is there a list
somewhere showing what xbase commands are NOT recognized in current versions
of the software?

Thanks in advance.