Subject Re: xbase commands
From Russ Fisher <rfisher@ccnintl.com>
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 12:45:55 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Bill S Wrote:

> I'm a long-time user of dBASE Plus 2.8; am completely dependent on traditional xbase commands such as TOTAL and CALC and have no desire to update my code to OODML.
>
> My very basic question: Do later (and current) versions such as Plus 8...12 and dBASE 2019 handle these traditional xbase commands? Is there a list somewhere showing what xbase commands are NOT recognized in current versions of the software?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Bill,

Looking at the 2019 language reference manual (which installs in "C:\Program Files\dBASE\dBASE2019\Docs\dBASE_2019_LR.pdf" by default) you can find the complete list of xbase commands that are supported starting on page 667.  Specifically, CALCULATE, SUM, TOTAL, etc. are listed.  hope this helps.

Russ