Subject Re: dbase 2019
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 6 Dec 2019 22:26:58 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 06/12/2019 22:06, Charlie wrote:
> Hi.. I',m sort of out of the loop on new products.  Is dbase 2019 the newest version?  What would be the version prior to that?
>
> My current issue is 11.  Are the newer versions vastly different requiring changes in code?
>
> Thanks much

The last version of dBASE 11 was dBASE 11.3  This was followed by dBASE
12 and the last version was dBASE 12.3.1

The newest version of dBASE is dBASE 2019.1  This has several new
features.  Whether they will be of any use to you depends on your
programming needs.  If you have a look in the bug-reports newsgroups you
will see that there have been some display problems but a fix has been
promised for the next release.  These problems may not even affect you
and all your dBASE 11 code should run.  Fortunately dBase LLC offers a
30 day trial period so you can easily test you code.

If you have a look at http://www.dbase.com/support/updates-and-fixes/
you will find that each version of dBASE has a "Features and fixes" link
which will give exactly what has been fixed and what has been added.

Mervyn.