Subject Re: Invalid subscript reference
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:45:14 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 16/10/2019 08:44, Ruth wrote:
> I'm struggling to figure out why I'm getting the following message.
>
> Error:  Invalid subscript reference. On line 202 in the subroutine
>
> This is a modification of a previous program which works.  I assume that
> somehow I'm going out of the range of the data but I can't figure out how.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Good Morning Ruth,
I tried running createGridJrotc.prg
It asked for time.cc
In absence of time.cc I was unable to run it.

I opened the code in editor and went to line 202.
It has reference to query q1

There are 2 instances of q1.sql
I was unable to fix which is being accessed here but none of the two
instances have the field "sex" included. Which happens to be the first
field in line 200

Line 202 is not an independent line but a continuation line so the error
could be in any of the fields mentioned in line 200 to 202.

(i.e. the field name is misspelt or the field mentioned is not a part of
SQL)

I hope this will help in locating the fault.

Regards
Akshat