Subject Re: Program locks up
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2019 23:02:23 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) appendcompetitor2.prgnews group settings.pdf

On 15/10/2019 21:03, Ruth Bromer wrote:
> First of all, I forgot how to get into this as a stand alone, not through Chrome.
>
> My program is locking up with no error messages.  This is a simplified version of what I worked on during the summer.  I added an index, ConfNum, to the csv file and that's when it locked up.  It was working until I added that field.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Ruth

Good Evening Ruth,
Your prg problem first
Please find attached herewith corrected program of yours which shows a
messagebox at the end.

I had to add some lines beginning with ? to indicate upto which line
program was working okay.

They have been left there just for demo and are not required. You can
delete them.

q.rowset.next() was the missing line.

I have just made it responsive and not checked anything else.

I hope this helps

Now coming to your first query of how to access newsgroup without chrome.
I have attached a reply by Mervyn.
That should do the trick.

Regards
Akshat