Subject Re: BUILDING EXE
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 9 Oct 2019 04:50:09 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 10/8/2019 10:03 PM, Cornelius wrote:

> Morning Ken,
>   1. Thanks I did not compile the start program. More hast less speed!!!
>
>   2. My program files I placed under a folder HPSTEL12\JCMCPS
>       The data files under folder  HPSTEL12\DBF
>       I then copied RUNTIME under the root.
>       Used the DBE installer to open my dbe admin.
>       named the HPSTEL\DBF = STELSYSTEM
>                       HPSTEL\JCMCPS = STELLOCAL
>   I then ran PLUSRUN under RUNTIME. It started and then just stopped.
> Installed the dbase12 program and it worked.
> Thank you for the help. Cornelius

dBASE executables are looking for entries in the registry. Just copying
the runtime to a machine doesn't put those entries there. You should
download the runtime installer from the dBASE website ... then run that.
There's several chapters in my books on deploying applications, you
might want to check those out.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm