Subject Re: BUILDING EXE
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Wed, 9 Oct 2019 13:45:28 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-10-09 12:20 PM, Cornelius wrote:

>> Hi Mervyn. I have used dbase6 for a long time and have installed programs by running the runtime and the dbe.
>    I think I put my problem the wrong way. In dbase12 I found a folder /DBE and did the dbe admin correctly.
>
> Then I fount a folder called RUNTIME. It opened a few files including one that reads PLusRun as a application file. I decided that must be the file to install the runtime. This is where I got stuck. It starts running for few seconds and then stops.
>
> I am positive that is the correct thing I tried to do. Sorry if I where not clear on the problem. All I need to do is get theis RUNTIME to work.

Download (or download it to your computer and copy it) the appropriate
runtime installer from the dBASE website onto your customer's computer.
  Run the installer and then try your program.

My concern was that you'd said that the only way you could get your
program to run on the customer's computer was to install dBASE 12.
Unless the customer pays for a dBASE licence this is not allowed.

Mervyn.