Subject Re: BUILDING EXE
From Cornelius <jcmsoftware@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2019 06:20:46 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mervyn Bick Wrote:

> On 2019-10-09 7:03 AM, Cornelius wrote:
>
> > Morning Ken,
> >   1. Thanks I did not compile the start program. More hast less speed!!!
> >
> >   2. My program files I placed under a folder HPSTEL12\JCMCPS
> >       The data files under folder  HPSTEL12\DBF
> >       I then copied RUNTIME under the root.
> >       Used the DBE installer to open my dbe admin.
> >       named the HPSTEL\DBF = STELSYSTEM
> >                       HPSTEL\JCMCPS = STELLOCAL
> >   I then ran PLUSRUN under RUNTIME. It started and then just stopped.
> > Installed the dbase12 program and it worked.
> > Thank you for the help. Cornelius
> >

> I can't help you with deploying your program to a different computer.
> Be aware though that you cannot place a copy of dBASE on a computer
> destined for a customer unless that customer has bought a full dBASE
> licence.
>
> To deploy your program you need to get to the stage where your program
> will run on a computer that only has the BDE and the dBASE Runtime
> installed.  Ken covers this in his dBASE Book but if you don't have a
> copy of his book then you should have a look in the deployment newsgroup
> for help on how to do this.
>
> Mervyn.
>
> Hi Mervyn. I have used dbase6 for a long time and have installed programs by running the runtime and the dbe.
  I think I put my problem the wrong way. In dbase12 I found a folder /DBE and did the dbe admin correctly.

Then I fount a folder called RUNTIME. It opened a few files including one that reads PLusRun as a application file. I decided that must be the file to install the runtime. This is where I got stuck. It starts running for few seconds and then stops.

I am positive that is the correct thing I tried to do. Sorry if I where not clear on the problem. All I need to do is get theis RUNTIME to work.