Subject Re: BUILDING EXE
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 8 Oct 2019 13:20:13 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 10/8/2019 6:05 AM, Cornelius wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am having problems again with my new dbase 12
>
> Every thing now working on my pc. only 2 things wrong
> 1. START.PRG does not want to build. "error reading file START.PRG." The old version 6 one works.

Make a backup copy of your code.

open start.prg in the editor, type something, delete the same text, save
the file. In the Command Window:

compile start.prg

This will ensure it's got a .pro file.

> 2. on PC to deploy program the RUNTIME > Plusrun will not work.

How are you deploying the runtime? You really need to provide more
details. I ran into an issue a little while ago, reported a bug and then
since Kathy couldn't reproduce the error, uninstalled and reinstalled my
application and it worked perfectly. no clue what didn't happen, but I
didn't install dBASE Plus 12 on my test computer.

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm