Subject Re: Google Drive as a file sever
From Pieter Pretorius <pieter@pret.co.za>
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:12:14 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Ed,

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I feel the same about the 'cloud'.
:-)
I am a pilot myself and have never seen any data flying around or stored in
the clouds ! Maybe one day it will be raining data.

It seems that I have a steep learning curve ahead of me.

Pieter

"edward racht"  wrote in message news:Q6Jnb$IbVHA.1880@ip-AC1E04A7...

Pieter,

I wondered why this subject was familiar.

I’ve only been around the edges of the cloud.  As far as I was concerned the
cloud had airplanes, birds and sky divers flying through it, how can it
store and protect data?

You are on a good track.

Get involved with other vendors closer to what you intend to accomplish
using the cloud.  They are the ones heavy into cloud data storage, cloud
data security, etc to support you the customer. There are some good business
models with the top cloud storage folks.

Eliminate confusion in the discussion by diagramming out the apples from the
oranges.

Develop Program – Local Network
Deploy Program – Internet
Data Entry - Internet
Data Collection – Internet
Data Backup – Network, Cloud
Data Security – Network, Cloud
Data Storage – Network, Cloud
Program Update Distribution - Network, Cloud

Adding third party programs is a development and deploy challenge.

ed