Subject Re: Google Drive as a file sever
From edward racht <e.racht@gmail.com>
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:08:39 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Pieter,

I wondered why this subject was familiar.

I’ve only been around the edges of the cloud.  As far as I was concerned the cloud had airplanes, birds and sky divers flying through it, how can it store and protect data?

You are on a good track.

Get involved with other vendors closer to what you intend to accomplish using the cloud.  They are the ones heavy into cloud data storage, cloud data security, etc to support you the customer. There are some good business models with the top cloud storage folks.

Eliminate confusion in the discussion by diagramming out the apples from the oranges.

Develop Program – Local Network
Deploy Program – Internet
Data Entry - Internet
Data Collection – Internet
Data Backup – Network, Cloud
Data Security – Network, Cloud
Data Storage – Network, Cloud
Program Update Distribution - Network, Cloud

Adding third party programs is a development and deploy challenge.

ed