Subject Re: ENTRYFIELD
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:57:37 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-09-16 9:18 AM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have an ENTRYFIELD object whose onGotFocus event fires only when it gets focus by either mouse click or tab key. It does not fire if you use setfocus() method. Is this true
>
> Regards
> Mustansir

Yes.  I think this has been reported as a bug.

You can work around this in your program by executing the onGotFocus
event handler yourself.

     form.entryfield1.setfocus()
     form.entryfield1.onGotFocus()

I doubt if this will ever be fixed as this would break code that uses
the work-around because the onGotFocus event handler would then be
executed twice.